Marathon – Opensource Java GUI Testing Tool
Marathon is the precursor to MarathonITE. Marathon provides all the basic functions required to effectively test Java/Swing GUI Applications. Using Marathon, you can record tests, replay them, generate reports and also integrate with external build systems.
Marathon is released under opensource license (LGPL to be exact). We, at Jalian Systems, are involved with Marathon development, maintenance and support for last several years. You can download Marathon and its sources from using the links provided in the sidebar.
We provide support for Marathon through marathon-testing google group. You can subscribe to the group using the link in the sidebar.
Choosing between Marathon and MarathonITE
Choose Marathon if:
- You are testing a hobby project or learning test automation using Marathon.
- Your application is small (say < 10 screens) and doesn't require advanced features like object map maintenance, refactoring etc.
- You do not require professional support that comes along with MarathonITE.
That said, we are usually prompt in answering questions on the google group.
- Your team size is small.
Choose MarathonITE if:
- Your application is complex or large.
- You have a large team of test engineers and need more effort for creating maintainable test scripts.
- Your application changes frequently and need to create resilient test suites.
- You need professional support that comes along with MarathonITE.
Marathon and MarathonITE Feature Comparison
|Launcher for Java Applications||
|Launchers for Java WebStart, Executable Jars, Applets, Executables||
|Recording & Replay for Standard Java/Swing Components||
|Exploratory and Semi Automatic Testing||
|Syntax-aware Editor for Jython/JRuby Test Scripts||
|Object Map Maintenance – Editors for Configuration and Object Map||
|Refactor: Create Module Methods||
|Refactor: Create Data Driven Tests||