Why Choose MarathonITE?
Complete end to end testing with a single tool
Marathon Integrated Testing Environment, MarathonITE, is an affordable, easy-to-use and cross-platform framework that supports Java/Swing™ GUI Testing. You can use MarathonITE‘s inbuilt script recorder to create clean, readable test scripts in Ruby. Advanced features like extract-method refactoring, data driven testing and object map maintenance allows you to create maintainable, resilient test suites.
Reduce delivery times
You can quickly create accurate and repeatable automated regression test suites using MarathonITE.
- New testers can come to speed using the inbuilt record and playback feature.
- Scripts are written in ruby, giving you the power of rich libraries and functionalities of ruby.
- MarathonITE scripts are first class citizens of Selenium WebDriver scripts. You can use any features of WebDriver within MarathonITE Scripts.
- MarathonITE‘s intuitive and simple interface is easy to use.
Having a complete regression test suite, allows the testers more time to execute bespoke tests.
- You can use MarathonITE to perform exploratory testing during which you can add annotated screenshots. Sharing the test script with development team allows them to reproduce the failure.
- You can use MarathonITE to execute data driven tests – one single script executed multiple times with various data.
- You can execute the regression suite whenever the code changes, allowing you to catch the failures early.
- You can use MarathonITE‘s semi automatic testing to help testers ensure that the application follows the organisation wide GUI guide lines.
You can reduce the testing costs by automating most of the routine and repeatable tests. Depending on the size of the project, the ROI of MarathonITE can be significant.
- You can ensure that testing costs do not escalate when user interface changes, by using MarathonITE‘s object repository.
- Distribute your tests among multiple workstations, thus reducing total amount of time taken to execute the test suite.
- Integrate with continuous integration builds and catch the failures early.
- Share a single object repository among multiple testers to reduce the effort of manually synchronising the changes.
- Service releases and patches consume a lot of time and resources. An automated regression test suite can mitigate the costs associated with these activities.
Marathon – Opensource application testing
Jalian Systems also provides Marathon – the fully opensource lite version of MarathonITE. Marathon is a precursor to MarathonITE and provides all core features necessary for creating and executing regression test suites for Java™ Swing applications.
Jalian Systems Pvt. Ltd. is a Bengaluru, India based software company. We are involved in providing consultancy, support and enhancements to Marathon – the open source Java/GUI Testing framework over the last several years.
Over the years, we listened to the users of Marathon – especially those using Marathon in large software projects. We launched MarathonITE including those features that are useful for testing large Java™/Swing applications.
Our founder and Managing Director, Dakshinamurthy K, is an open-source and agile enthusiast. He is the founding member of Linux India User Group and ASCI – Agile Software Community of India.