We are pleased to announce availability of Marathon for Eclipse. At this time, Marathon/Eclipse is distributed as a complete bundle and you can download the same from Downloads.
Marathon/Eclipse is a cross-platform testing tool for Java/Swing™, Java/FX™ and Web applications. Marathon/Eclipse is built on Eclipse/Photon and adds a set of editors, views and commands to eclipse IDE.
- Create and set up new Marathon test projects
- Create new testcases and record test methods
- Compile,run and debug the tests using JUnit5 framework
- Run unattended tests using automatically generated Gradle builds
- Generate beutiful reports with all the right information using Allure framework
- Execute tests on Selenium/Grid for parallel and faster execution of test suites.
- Work in teams using Object Map sharing
- Integrate with various Continuous Integration frameworks like Jenkins using Gradle and Allure Jenkins plugins.
Marathon/Eclipse is based on:
- Eclipse/Photon: Latest release of Eclipse IDE
- Marathon JavaDriver: provides Selenium/WebDriver bindings for Swing and FX Applications
- JUnit5: Latest testing framework for Java applications
- Gradle: Makes it easy to integrate with external systems
- Allure: Generates beutiful and effective reports
At this time, Marathon/Eclipse supports recording test scripts in Java. Later versions will support Ruby and other languages.