Marathon – Open-source Test Automation Framework for Java ApplicationsMarathon is the precursor to MarathonITE. Marathon provides all the basic functions required to effectively test Java/Swing™ and Java/FX™ GUI Applications. Using Marathon, you can record tests, replay them, generate reports and also integrate with external build systems. Marathon is released under open-source license (LGPL to be exact). We, at Jalian Systems, are involved with Marathon development, maintenance and support for last several years.
Important Links for MarathonSupport: We provide support for Marathon through marathon-testing google group.
Downloads: You can download latest versions of Marathon from sourceforge project page.
Source: You can view/download sources from Marathon GitHub Project.
Choosing between Marathon and MarathonITEChoose Marathon if:
- You are testing a hobby project or learning test automation using Marathon.
- Your application is small (say < 10 screens) and doesn’t need advanced features like object map maintenance, refactoring etc.
- You do not need professional support that comes along with MarathonITE.
- That said, we are usually prompt in answering questions on the google group.
- Your team size is small.
- You want to test Web Applications.
- Your application is complex or large.
- You have a large team of test engineers and need more effort for creating maintainable test scripts.
- Your application changes often and need to create resilient test suites.
- You need professional support that comes along with MarathonITE.