Marathon – Open-source Test Automation Framework for Java Applications
Marathon is the precursor to MarathonITE
. Marathon Test Automation Framework provides all the basic functions required to effectively test Java/Swing™ and Java/FX™ GUI Applications. Using Marathon, you can record tests, replay them, generate reports and also integrate with external build systems.
Marathon enables rapid deployment of test automation frameworks and scripts for accelerated testing and helps in significant reduction in time to market. Marathon is released under open-source license (LGPL to be exact). We, at Jalian Systems, are involved with Marathon development, maintenance and support for last several years.
Important Links for Marathon
: We provide support for Marathon through marathon-testing google group
: You can download latest versions of Marathon from sourceforge project page
: You can view/download sources from Marathon GitHub Project
Choosing between Marathon and MarathonITE
- You are testing a hobby project or learning test automation using Marathon.
- Your application is small (say < 10 screens) and doesn’t need advanced features like object map maintenance, refactoring etc.
- You do not need professional support that comes along with MarathonITE.
- That said, we are usually prompt in answering questions on the google group.
- Your team size is small.
- You want to test Web Applications.
- Your application is complex or large.
- You have a large team of test engineers and need more effort for creating maintainable test scripts.
- Your application changes often and need to create resilient test suites.
- You need professional support that comes along with MarathonITE.